Hawaii Forest & Trail - Hidden Craters Hike
Join Hawaii Forest & Trail on the privately exclusive lands of
Hualalai volcano! Take short hikes through the land to see untouched
cloud forests, the edges of volcanic craters that plunge into the earth,
and even climb through a segment of a lava tube!
- See 200 year old lava flow, spatter cones, fissures, and collapsed pits
- Climb through a segment of lava tube
- Private access to Hualalai volcano and native forest lands
- 3-4 mile hike broken into smaller hikes
- Where and When:
- Tour departs approxiamtely 7:30am and returns approximately 12:00pm.
Tour departs from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, 73-5593A Olowalu St., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Please meet us across the street from Home Depot at our Kona Headquarters. This is a departure point for many Hawaii Forest & Trail Tours. This location also has a 900 sq. ft. retail store that includes outdoor gear and apparel, books, maps and gift items.
- All Guest Must:
- Provide Proof of a negative COVID-19 test through the Hawaii Safe Travel Program or proof of 14 day quarantine (airline generated flight itinerary). Test results must be presented upon check-in.
- Complete a Health Questionnaire and temperature check with contactless infrared thermometer completed prior to participation.
- Wear a face mask at all times in the vehicle and wherever social distancing is not possible.
Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- No children under 8 years old.
Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool and wet conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Activity: Short walk under 2 miles. 2 to 2 hours of off-road 6 wheel driving.
(Requires 2-hour drive to North Kohala from Kailua-Kona)
- Operation Days:
- Operates Monday, Friday, and Saturday
- Approximately 5 hours
- Hawaii Forest and Trail
- Big Island
- Maximum of 12 passengers
- Provided: Walking sticks, warm wear, day packs and rain ponchos.