Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 1
This tour is currently unavailable.
Gather the entire family for a great day of fishing aboard the “Bite me 1!” This Big Island Deep Sea Fishing Charter has all the amenities available to make it a family-friendly vessel. Fishing off the Kona Coast provides our charter passengers the ultimate fishing experience! The coast is famous for sportfishing and catching Blue Marlin, Short Nosed Spearfish, Wahoo, Ono, Striped Marlin, Black Marlin, Ahi, Big Eye Tuna, Skip Jack Tuna, Yellowfin Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Rainbow Runners, and Sharks. Bite Me Charter departs from the Honokohau Harbor taking just minutes to arrive to the best fishing spot on the Kona Coast, “Grander Alley.” Join us for a fun-filled day of excitement and adventure with a Big Island Deep Sea Fishing Charter with either a full day of fishing, ¾ day of fishing, half day or even tournament fishing charters that are available. Also inquire about our ¾ day (6 hours) of Snorkeling or a Fish Combo. Captain Brian Wargo is the owner and operator of the Bite Me 1 Fishing Charter. Buzz Hawaii is famous for saving you money when you reserve a Bite Me Fishing Charter, any Big Island Fishing Charters, Big Island Attractions, or any Big Island Tours. Go to Buzz Hawaii.com and check us out.
When you choose to share a fishing charter expect no more than six people on a 40’ charter boat.
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Bite Me 1 Vessel Facts:
- 40-foot Uniflite
- Comfortable covered air-conditioned cabin and sleeping quarters for overnight trips
- Leather couches, TV, VCR, DVD, video games and custom-made bow cushions
- Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Rail mounted digital video recorder
- Clean restroom with showers
- Two brand new 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots
Big Island Fishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and stay on that road so you'll be on the south side of the marina waters. Park on the ocean side of the restroom building with the red roof. You'll see a red sign that says "Bite Me 1" near a boat ramp that will drop you down to the vessel.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- Shared charters require a minimum of 3 guests for a confirmed departure.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 1 is a 40-foot Uniflite featuring two 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots. It is Bite Me Sportfishing's original boat and one of Kona's fastest 40 footers.