Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 2
Join Bite Me Sportfishing Charter for a family fishing experience off the Kona Coast. You can choose which fishing charter vessel is best for you…Bite Me, Bite Me II, or Bite Me III. All three fishing boats leave the Honokokau Harbor because it is just minutes away from the best fishing location off the Kona Coast, “Grander Alley.” This famous and productive fishing spot provides big game fish for the sportsman to have a fantastic Big Island Deep Sea Fishing experience by catching Short Nosed Spearfish, Yellowfin Tuna, Rainbow Runners, Blue Marlin, Ono, Skip Jack Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Black Marlin, Wahoo, Big Eye Tuna, Striped Marlin, and Sharks. Bring the entire family and enjoy a fishing adventure that is fun and exciting. Buzz Hawaii is ready to schedule a Bite Me Sportfishing in Kona Hawaii Tour, Big Island Attractions, and Big Island Tours with discounted prices.
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Kona Big Game Fishing
Hauling in a Big One
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina.
Take that road lined with palm trees and go Right at your second opportunity. This will place you at the most INLAND part of the marina. Park on the dirt by the water. You'll see a sign for the Bite Me 2 over a walking ramp that will take you from the parking lot to the water. At the bottom of the ramp stick to your right and five slips up will be the Bite Me 2 with the red hull.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 2 is a 46-foot Hatteras featuring two 550hp Detroit Diesel engines and a large tuna tower for locating fish.