Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 3
If you are determined to catch a big fish during your Hawaii vacation then reserve a day of fishing with Bite Me Sportfishing or Bite Me 3. Buzz Hawaii will book a day of fishing off the Kona Coast with Bite Me Sportfishing and you will have the chance to catch a Striped Marlin, Short Nosed Spearfish, Black Marlin, Ono, Yellowfin Tuna, Ahi, Wahoo, Big Eye Tuna, Rainbow Runners, Skip Jack Tuna, and Sharks! The professional captain and boat crews of the Bite Me Sportfishing provide expert experience and the best fishing equipment to make sure your fishing excursion provides the best fishing trip of a lifetime. The Bite Me Sportfishing has a proven catch record that lets you know they will be hard at work to help you have a successful day catching fish! Enjoy a fun-filled day fishing at the “Grander Alley,” a popular Big Island Deep Sea Fishing spot off the Kona Coast. “Grander Alley” is also known for the 63 marlin weighing 1,000 pounds or more caught off the Kona Coast. You can choose to board the Bite Me, Bite Me II, or Bite Me III. Our sportfishing boats always leave from Hononkohau Harbor. When you are sharing a Bite Me charter expect no more than six people on a 40” boat. Buzz Hawaii is the best online site for you to choose when you are ready to book a Bite Me Sportfishing, Bite Me 3, and any Hawaii Attractions and Big Island Tours.
Bite Me 3 Vessel Facts:
- 40-foot Egg Harbor
- Shaded or sunny open cockpit
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Leather couches
- CD Stereo with iPod plugin
- Teak decks
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 State Rooms
- Great for tournaments
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five - 130s; Two - 80s; Two - 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four - TLD 25s; Four - TLD 15s
*Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes
- Tuna tubes keep baits fresh and lively.
- Live Bait Wells
Kona Big Game Fishing
Hauling in a Big One
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and stay on that road so you'll be on the south side of the marina waters. Park on the ocean side of the restroom building with the red roof. You'll see a red sign that says "Bite Me 3" near a boat ramp that will drop you down to the vessel.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 3 is a 40-foot Egg Harbor with a large tuna tower for locating fish.