Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 4
Bite Me 4 Big Island Sportfishing Charter invites you and your family aboard our vessel for a fun and adventurous day fishing the famous Kona Coast. Bite Me 4 departs from the Honokohau Harbor. The harbor is just a short distance to the best Big Island Deep Sea Fishing spot, the “The Grander Alley.” This is an awesome fishing spot to catch Short Nosed Spearfish, Striped Marlin, Ahi, Mahi Mahi, Skip Jack Tuna, Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Ono, Wahoo, Big Eye Tuna, Sharks, Rainbow Runners, and Yellowfin Tuna. Bite Me 4 Sportfishing Charter keeps the group small, no more than six passengers at one time. During your Bite Me 4 fishing charter we will have two to five fishing lines running at the same time. If the fish that are caught weigh more than fifty pounds the fish will be sold, if the fish is less than fifty pounds we will cut it and divide it with our clients.
- 38-foot Hatteras
- Covered cabin and top deck
- Comfortable seating
- Clean bathroom
Bite Me 4
Hauling in a Big One
Kona Big Game Fishing
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Kailua Pier View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Kailua Pier & Check-In:
To get to the pier in Kailua-Kona from the Waikoloa Resorts: Head south on Highway 19. Kailua-Kona is approximately 10 miles south of Kona Airport. One of the first big streets in town is Palani Drive. Go right towards the ocean.
Palani Drive turns into Ali'i Drive (which is the waterfront road). You'll see the pier in the bay, next to King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel as soon as you get close to the water. The address of the hotel is 75-5660 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740.
You can park at the hotel by the pier for a fee, or
The free parking you can get to 2 ways:
1. From Palani Drive near the bottom of the hill (before it becomes Ali'i Drive) turn right on Kuakini Hwy (which is just a regular street here). Go up a bit and the parking lot is on the right just after the 3-story building and before the gas station just across the street. OR
2. Continue on Ali'i Drive and make a hairpin turn up the alley way between Scandinavian shave ice & the ABC store that's on the mountain side of the road. (There's 4 ABC stores in town this one is at the south end of the sea wall in the bay with the pier). This alleyway is Likana Lane and is right next to the free parking lot. Your turn is (north of or) just BEFORE you reach Hulihe'e Palace and Mokuaikaua Church.
Park and walk to the water and on towards the pier. You'll see a big red sign for Bite Me 4 on the right side of the pier right in front of the boat.
FOR CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS:
You'll de-board the cruise ship and the Bite Me 4 has a big red sign on the opposite side of this small pier.
When de-boarding you'll see a banyan tree at the end of the pier. Right next to that tree is an ABC store that has food and drinks available for purchase.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- The Bite Me 4 is a 38-foot Hatteras.