Royal Kona Luau - Royal Kona Resort
The Royal Kona Luau – Voyagers of the Pacific – invites you to join their ohana (family) to enjoy an evening of live musical entertainment, island arts & crafts demonstrations and a delicious Hawaiian-style buffet dinner. Overlooking beautiful Kailua Bay, this is a prime oceanfront luau in Kona that's just too good to be missed! It's a great way to experience a piece of Hawaiian culture.
Your evening begins with a warm shell lei greeting and photo opportunities. Pre-dinner activities include island arts & crafts demonstrations, a hula lesson and the traditional imu ceremony. Witness the unearthing of the kalua pua'a (roast pig) from the imu, the underground oven. Soon after will be the start of the big feast. Indulge in a wide variety of mouthwatering island favorites, including kalua pork, soy-braised beef and island chicken. Don't forget to leave some room for dessert! After dinner follows another highlight, the spectacular Polynesian show that tells the story of the epic journey of the ancient Polynesians who traveled thousands of miles across the Pacific Ocean to make Kona their home. The show culminates with the awe-inspiring Samoan Siva Afi fire-knife dance.
- Oceanfront Kona luau
- Aloha shell lei welcome
- Watch or participate in arts & crafts demonstrations & hula group lesson
- Imu ceremony to unearth the kalua pua'a (roast pig)
- All-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian luau buffet dinner
- Dynamic Polynesian revue with dance, song and live music
- Complimentary Mai Tais, cocktails, beer, wine, and drinks
- Samoan fire-knife dance finale
* Denotes Gluten Free Options
** There will be a Vegetarian dish on the buffet
line to accommodate any vegetarian/vegan requests attending the luau. To
meet other dietary needs not on the buffet, there will be a $35.00 per
person surcharge for a special "Chef's choice" dinner entree plate.
These requests require a minimum of 24 hours notice and while every
effort is made to accommodate all requests, some may not be able to be
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island*, Papaya Seed*, Italian* or Ranch Dressing
- Green Salad*
- Cucumber Namasu*
- Tomato & Onion Ogo Salad
- Three Bean Salad*
- Potato/Macaroni Salad*
- Lomi Lomi Salmon*
- Kalua Pork*
- Steamed Mahi Mahi with Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil
- Baked Chicken with Honey Mango BBQ Sauce*
- Chicken Luau*
- Teriyaki Roast Beef
- Okinawan Sweet Potato*
- White Rice*
- Fresh Pineapple*
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Coconut Haupia (Pudding)*
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
From the Bar (included):
- Mai Tai
- Standard Well Drinks
- Domestic Beer
- Coffee and Tea
- Selection of Sodas
- Fruit Punch
Royal Kona Luau
Royal Kona Luau Setting
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:45 pm.
Royal Kona Resort - Luau Gardens, Kailua-Kona, West Hawaii
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
Parking Validation is $5.00 and covers 3 hours. Additional time is the responsibility of the guest.
- Operation Days:
- Operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Approximately 3 hours
- Royal Kona Luau
- Big Island