Sea Paradise - Moonlight Manta Ray Snorkel Adventure
Experience the ultimate Sea Paradise Manta Ray Night Snorkeling Adventure and view the largest species of rays that are closely related to sharks. The manta ray is an exceptionally graceful swimmer and is one of the most amazing marine life of the underwater world. The manta ray will show off their acrobatic skills as they leap through the water appearing to fly on their large wings. They have a short tail and no stinging spine making it a harmless sea creature. Enjoy getting acquainted with manta rays during a short trip to “Manta Village” located off the Outrigger Kona Resort. This is the area where manta ray’s night dive explorations were founded over twenty years ago.
Sea Paradise Manta Ray Night Snorkeling Adventure’s friendly, experienced crew prepare and educate you for this Big Island attraction. This is a wonderful Hawaiian tour for you and your family. Join us for a memorable experience and snorkel with these magnificent giants off the shore of the Big Island. The tour includes all snorkel instructions and equipment.
- Sail out to Manta Village
- From a float, watch manta rays as they feed on the illuminated microscopic plankton below you
- All snorkel gear and wetsuit provided
- Snacks, juice, water, soft drinks and hot cocoa
About the Vessel “Hoku Nui”:
- 50 Ft new luxury sailing catamaran
- Open floor plan with 360 degree view
- Shaded area under cabin top
- Wide steps and handrail for water entry
- Sundeck with trampoline seating
- Fresh Water Shower
- Large marine toilets
- Purified drinking water
- Spacious galley
Sea Paradise Manta Ray Snorkel
Sea Paradise Manta Ray
- Where and When:
- October - March: Check in at 8:15 pm. Tour time: 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm.
April - September: Check in at 8:45 pm. Tour time: 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm.
Tour departs at Keauhou Bay Harbor, 78-7130 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Return to Keauhou Bay approximately 1.5 hours from departure time.
Meet directly at Keauhou Bay located at the end of Kaleiopapa Street. Please do not check in at any buildings. You will be met by crew at the end of the pier 15 minutes prior to departure and will be fitted for wetsuits before boarding. Be sure to wear swimwear for the wetsuit fitting. Public restrooms are located on the east side of Kaleiopapa Street near the end parking lot. Restrooms are also on board the vessel.
- Snorkeling: Minimum age 6 years
Ride along: Minimum age 4 years
All guests must be able to get up and down the ladder by themselves. It is about 3 ft wide with about 9 steps on the ladder.
The use of full-faced snorkel masks are not allowed on this tour.
Wet Suit sizes go up to 5X which usually fits up to 300 lbs depending on body's weight distribution.
- Special Notes:
- This Moonlight Manta Ray Snorkel Tour is a later tour focusing on guests who are a little more sensitive to motion sickness and prefer a shorter boat tour.
- Operation Days:
- Seasonal - Please call for availability
- Approximately 1.5 hours
- Sea Paradise
- Big Island
- 36 snorkelers and 4 ride along spots
- The Hoku Nui is a brand new 50-foot luxury sailing catamaran featuring a spacious galley, wide steps and a handrail for easy water entry. The vessel is equipped with large marine toilets and a freshwater shower.