Body Glove - Afternoon Whale Watching Tour
Guaranteed whale sightings or you get to come again for free.
The friendly crew of Body Glove Cruises invites you on a Big Island whale-watching expedition aboard their state-of-the-art, luxury cruise ship, the Kanoa II!
Each year, from late November to early April, Pacific Humpback whales migrate over 3,500 miles to the warm waters of the Pacific to – how shall we say - “get it on.”
Full grown, these enormous creatures range 40 to 50 feet in length and can weigh up to 40 tons! Although they are pretty big, Humpback whales are gentle creatures. Known for their crowd-pleasing, acrobatic maneuvers, you’ll witness adult humpbacks breaching - literally jumping out of the water - and slapping their mighty tails against the water’s surface. You can even check out the song of the Pacific Humpback captured live via an underwater hydrophone!
Besides the Humpback whales, there are “plenty of other fishes in the sea” - and by that we mean other types of marine life - for you to scope out! Once underway, you’ll encounter dolphins, sea turtles, sharks, and manta rays! A certified marine naturalist on board will answer any and all questions you may have about these amazing marine creatures!
Set sail from the Big Island in search of Humpback whales with the friendly and experienced Body Glove crew!
- Light snacks: roasted red bell pepper hummus, pita chips, fresh fruit and pub mix
- Island juices, sodas and water
- Kona coffee and assorted teas
- Premium cash bar
- 65 foot long catamaran
- 15 foot high jump
- 20 foot water slide
- Wheelchair friendly
Kona Whale Watching Tour
The Body Glove
- Where and When:
- Check in at 12:30 pm at Kailua-Kona Pier.
Tour time: 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
Body Glove Cruises' main office is located in the Ilima Court (North Kona Shopping Center, 75-5629 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740), which has the closest free parking to the Kailua-Kona pier. It is about a five minute walk down to the pier from the office.
- Guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to boarding.
- Special Notes:
- A portion of all proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations for the preservation, restoration and education of Hawaiian culture and history, its coral reefs and coral reefs around the world.
The vessel is 100% wheelchair accessible on the lower deck. If you are traveling with a wheelchair, please let us know in advance so that pier parking can be reserved for you (there are only 2 spaces). If there's space we will note that the guest is using the space and will request that they call the office at boarding time for pier access. The guest will wait at the gate for a crew member to let them onto the pier. They must be traveling with a handicap placard in order to take advantage of pier parking.
- Operation Days:
- Daily except Wednesdays from December through March
- Approx. 2.5 hours
- Body Glove
- Big Island
- 110 Passengers
- Body Glove Cruises operates the Kanoa II, a state-of-the-art 65-foot catamaran that was designed with quality and comfort in mind. Guests enjoy plenty of shade and cushioned seating. The vessel features flat screen televisions, a full sound system for live entertainment and a full service premium bar. The Kanoa II is equipped with underwater hydrophones to listen to the whales. The vessel also has three restrooms and is wheelchair accessible.