Rainbow Kayak - Wailua River Kayak Tour
In the mean time this tour will, when the tide allows, will stop for a small hike before going further up the river past the Fern Grotto to a waterhole for swimming and to have lunch there.
During your vacation in Hawaii discover the hidden treasures on the island of Kauai and the Wailua River Kayak Tour is the perfect way to get up close and personal to see paradise. The Wailua River Kayak Tour begins with a two mile kayak paddle on the Wailua River with a skilled river guide. You will have the opportunity to see where the movie outbreak was made when you paddle right by the Kamokila Hawaiian Village. After pulling the kayaks on the Wailua bank the tour begins a one mile hike through Kauai’s tropical rainforest. Your educated guide will share historical points of interests to you and identify the flora and fauna. This area of the rainforest was at one time a very special place used for Alii, the Royal Hawaiian Family and sacred to ancient Hawaiian people. History flourishes in the Wailua Valley and your guide will take you to the location and point out the remains where the first Hawaiians inhabited the island of Kauai 1,500 years ago.
The Wailua River Kayak Tour continues up the river’s North Fork and will arrive at the tropical rainforest. The trek will begin at the lush sacred valley. The hike will continue to the beautiful 120 foot Uluwehi waterfall where the group will enjoy a delicious deli lunch, swim, and play in the cool waterfall pools. The entire kayak tour will last about four and a half hours that will include hiking, kayak paddling, and relaxing. Your entire family will enjoy this great kayak tour and thank you for a wonderful experience.
Wailua River Kayak Tour includes: The kayak and equipment, walking sticks, dry bags, instructional safety video. Reserve this waterfall Wailua River Kayak Tour. This kayak tour will take you to see Kauai’s exotic places, hidden valleys, crystal clear rivers, and stunning waterfalls on this easy going island known as the “Garden Isle.”
Reserve this Wailua River Kayak Tour with Buzz Hawaii and save! Buzz Hawaii is your one stop online site for the best Kauai Tours and Kauai Adventures.
"Save on Wailua River Kayak Tour which features fun and relaxing Kauai activities - Hawaii Discount offers this Wailua River Kayak tour at a savings."
- Kayak and paddles
- Dry storage & dry bags on kayak for cameras and personal things
- Backpack use
- Personal flotation device
- Delicious picnic lunch - choose from turkey, ham or vegetarian sandwiches or lettuce wraps
- Fresh pineapple, chips, cookies and bottled water
Fun Kayaking Excursion
Kauai River Kayaking
Wailua River Kayak Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning tour: 7:00 am - 12:45 pm (check in at 6:50 am)
Afternoon tour: 12:30 pm - 6:15 pm (check in at 12:20 pm)
Check in at the Islander Shops Unit 3 at 440 Aleka Pl, Kapaa, HI 96746 View Map
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH: South on Highway 56 through Kapaa 1/2 mile past McDonalds in Foodland Center to Coconut Marketplace. Turn left just before the Marketplace at Aleka Loop. Go behind the Marketplace, following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Islander on the Beach.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH: Take Highway 50 past Lihue to Hwy 56 North. Cross Wailua River (double bridge] one mile to Coconut Marketplace and turn right past the Marketplace on Aleka Loop. Turn behind the Marketplace following Aleka Loop to Rainbow Kayak at Islander Shops next to Islander on the Beach.
- This kayaking and hiking adventure is suitable for ages 5 to 75. Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition. Expect about four miles of paddling and just over 1 mile of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times. Not suitable for those with bad knees, or bad backs. Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Not available for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
This kayaking and hiking adventure is suitable for ages 5 to 75.
Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition.
Expect about four miles of paddling and just over 1 mile of hiking.
Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- Please note trail conditions can vary depending on the rainfall amounts.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Friday
- 5-6 hours
- Rainbow Kayaks
- 12 guests per tour
- Kayak, paddles, dry bag and personal flotation device provided.