Luau Kalamaku - Kilohana Plantation
Please note there are
multiple Marriott Resort's on Kauai. For guests staying at the Kauai
Marriott Resort and Beach Club, the luau is closer to the resort than
any pick up location offered!
Check out the Premium Gold Seating Option and a Show Only Option!
The Show Only option features a 7pm check in and includes any one
beverage. Just add the Gold Add-on to your luau or show only tickets to
receive seating in the front stage premium seating area! We will also
be able to offer Train rides.
Aloha! Welcome to the authentic Luau Kalamaku held on the historic Kilohana sugar plantation on the island of Kauai. The Luau Kalamaku in Kauai accomplishes the challenge of keeping the island’s standard of traditions when celebrating the Hawaiian way of life and culture. In ancient days on the island of Kauai, a luau was given to honor royalty, celebrate a royal birth or wedding, or to welcome special guests. Luau Kalamaku welcomes you as their honored guest for a night of celebration with an unforgettable traditional luau experience and colorful flowered lei. You will be treated like royalty as you are guided to the night’s activities. If you arrive early to the Luau Kalamaku, you will have time to watch Kauai’s local artists display their talents with demonstrations held in Kauai’s first mansion. The 16,000 sq. ft. Tudor-style home was built in 1936 when Gaylord Parke Wilcox took possession of the estate and started a sugar plantation. The home is now the location of many Luau Kalamaku activities. Explore the interior of the mansion and watch local artists teach how ancient inhabitants created beautiful crafts and playful Hawaiian games. Also explore several Kauai shops and art galleries in the mansion or go on a Kilohana Plantation train ride located at the depot. Experience a little of Kauai’s paradise on the Kilohana Plantation as you stroll the grounds of this historical sugar plantation. The Kilohana Plantation is deeply rooted in Kauai’s history of agriculture.
- Hawaiian luau buffet
- Authentic award-wining Hawaiian show
- Open Bar
- Hawaiian Hula dancers
- Traditional fire knife dancing
- Hawaiian crafts
- Kauai Fresh Green Salad with Choice of Two Dressings – Romaine Lettuce, Organic Red Leaf, Cucumber, Tomato and Red Radish VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Papaya Seed Dressing – Fresh Papaya, Papaya Seeds, Clover Honey, Mayonnaise, Lihing Mui (Dried Plum), Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper, Buttermilk (Eggs) VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Fresh Basil, Sugar, Aji Mirin (Rice Wine), Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Potato Macaroni Salad – Potatoes, Macaroni, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Green Onion, Mayonnaise, Green Peas, Salt and Pepper (Eggs) VEGETARIAN
- Vegetarian Tofu Salad – Tofu, Fresh Tomato, Red Ogo, Maui Onion, Yamasa Shoyu, Powdered Ginger, Sugar, Aji-Mirin (Rice Wine, Glucose Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt) and Sesame Oil VEGAN
- Fresh Pineapple and Papaya Platter – Hawaiian Grown Pineapple, Locally Grown Sunrise Papaya VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Tomatoes, Diced Salmon, Onions, Green Onions, Salt GLUTEN FREE
- Taro Rolls – Taro, Wheat Flour, Yeast, Water, Food Color and Eggs, Served with Honey Butter VEGETARIAN
- Vegetable Chow Mein – Chow Mein Egg Noodles, Bok Choy, Carrots, Celery, Onions, Bell Peppers, Wonbok, Garlic, Shoyu, Lemon Juice, Sambal (Chili Paste), Sesame Oil, Soybean Oil, Vegetable Base, Sugar VEGETARIAN
- Steamed Jasmine Rice – Aromatic Thai Jasmine Rice, Star Anise, Salt, Water, Lemongrass VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Hawaiian Smashed Purple Sweet Potatoes – Kauai Grown Purple Sweet Potatoes, Butter, Coconut Milk, Half and Half, Nutmeg, Salt and Pepper VEGETARIAN ~GLUTEN FREE
- Yellow Curry Ratatouille – Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Carrot, Baby Corn, Chinese Long Bean, Fresh Ginger, Lemongrass, Yellow Curry Paste, Fresh Garlic, Coconut Milk, Kaffir Lime Leaf and Thai Basil, Vegetable Base, Salt, Soybean Oil VEGETARIAN
- Teriyaki Chicken – Marinated Chicken Thighs in Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water and Sugar. Top with Teri Glaze: Shoyu, Ginger, Garlic, Water, Sugar and Corn Starch
- Pan Seared Mahi Mahi (Fish) with Tartar Sauce – Fillet of Mahi, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled White Vinegar, Molasses, Water, Sugar, Onions, Anchovies, Salt, Garlic, Cloves, Tamarind Extract, Chili Pepper Extract), Salt, White Pepper, Flour, Lemon Juice and Eggs
- Kalua Pork – Whole Pig Roasted Underground in and Imu (Hawaiian Earth Oven) Wrapped in Banana Leaves, Salt, Liquid Smoke GLUTEN FREE
- Rice Pudding with Dark Rum Sauce – Pudding (White Rice, Condensed Sweetened Milk, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Unsalted Butter, Salt) VEGETARIAN
- Rum Sauce – Water, Dark Rum, Unsalted Butter, Salt, Lemon Juice, Corn Starch, Brown Sugar VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Haupia – Coconut Milk, Sugar, Salt and Corn Starch VEGAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Banana Cream Pie – Butter, Sweetened Coconut Flakes, Eggs, Salt, Sugar, Corn Starch, Half and Half, Vanilla, Crème de Banana, Egg Whites VEGETARIAN~GLUTEN FREE
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Topping (Fresh Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Dark Rum, Cornstarch), Cake Milk, Unsalted Butter, Eggs, All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt, Comes with a Dollop of Whipped Cream VEGETARIAN
Plantation Owner's Evening Dinner Menu (subject to change without notice)
- Appetizer: Shrimp & Scallop Spring Rolls or a Pickle Beet Salad
- Salad Choice: Kilohana Garden Green Salad or Island Caprese
- Entree Choice: Seasame Seed Seared Fresh Catch, Hoicin Glazed Pork Spare Ribs, or Vegetarian Special of the Evening
- Choice of Dessert and Coffee: Banana Cream Pie, Vanilla Bean Profiteroles, Kauai Coffee/Hot Tea
5:00-6:30: Enjoy craft demonstrations & Hawaiian games
5:30-6:10: Catch a ride on the Kauai Plantation Railway (additional charges apply)
5:00-7:30: Open bar
6:15-6:30: Imu ceremony
6:30-7:30: Dinner, dessert, coffee, live music and traditional hula
7:30-8:15: Main show - Kalamaku
8:15-8:30: Photo session with the cast
is roundtrip and per person. Depending on the location pick up is
between 3:30pm and 5:00pm, exact times will be emailed to you.
Transportation can be added to the Plantation Owner's Experience but not
the Show Only option.
Select the transportation option based upon the below information:
North/Central Service stops: Alii Kai Princeville, Aqua Kauai Beach, Best Western Plantation Hale, Cliffs at Princeville, Hanalei Bay Resort, Kauai Coast Resort, St. Regis Resort Kauai, Westin Villas, Waipouli Beach Resort.
Poipu Service stops: Embassy Vacation Resort Poipu, Grand Hyatt Kauai, Kiahuna Plantation & Bungalow, Lawai Beach Resort, OUtrigger Kiahuna Plantation, Point at Poipu, Sheraton Kauai Resort, Suite Paradise.
If you are not staying at one of these locations, pick up would be at the closest location to where you are staying.
Click the link below for pick up times at the places listed above.