Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau
MONTHLY CALL IN SPECIAL
Please call to place your reservation for Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau and you will receive an additional $9 off per adult on an additional activity. Must book another activity with Smith's Luau to receive additional discount.
A popular combination is Smith's Luau and the Fern Grotto Cruise, a 1.5 hour boat ride up the Wailua River. Be sure to add the luau to cart before using this link!
You can reserve,
through Buzz Hawaii, the Smith's Garden Luau Show Only Option! Show
only option does not offer Junior pricing.
The Smith Tropical Paradise Luau is the oldest luau company in Kauai. Located along the Wailua River the Smiths have been offering Kauai Island guests authentic Hawaiian food and entertainment for generations! They have learned to honor the spirit of “Aloha” with a traditional Hawaiian luau celebration. The Smith’s Tropical Luau at the Wailua River State Park in Kauai is held three nights a week. The Smith family has the belief that delicious Hawaiian foods are the heart of a luau. The Smiths luau presentation starts with the traditional blowing of the conch shell and lighting of the torch. Experience their premiere attraction with the International Pageant as you and your entire family dines on kalua pig, teriyaki beef, poi, oriental fried rice, sweet sour mahi mahi, omi salmon, namasu salad, fresh fruits, abodo chicken, and other Hawaiian delicacies. The luau is held in a torch-lit Lagoon Amphitheatre where local Polynesian dancers entertain with song, dance, and hula dancers. Enjoy a night of fine dining and laughter. Out of the darkness the Goddess of Fire and Volcano, Pele, emerges from the top of the mountain flowing with lava as he tells her story. The dancers honor ancient Hawaiian people that formed the traditions of the Hawaiian Islands. Dancers are from Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti, Samoa, and Philippines. The Smith’s Tropical Paradise is the most popular luau in Kauai. The Smith’s Tropical luau is a great Hawaiian luau and fun for the entire family. Buzz Hawaii is the online site to contact for discounted prices. Enjoy a Smith’s Tropical Paradise Luau. Contact www.buzzhawaii.com and save.
- Smith’s Tropical Paradise Garden Luau is one of Kauai’s best known and favorite Hawaiian luaus
- Shell lei greeting
- Take a narrated tram tour or enjoy a leisurely stroll around the lush 30-acre gardens
- Witness the traditional imu ceremony – learn about the old Hawaiian cooking method where kalua pig is wrapped in ti leaves and cooked in an earthen imu oven
- Enjoy the traditional luau dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies
- Dinner is followed by a spectacular luau show
- Includes drinks from an open bar
Smith's Luau Menu:
- Kauai Grown Green Salad with Papaya Seed Dressing (V, Vegan, GF)
- Hawaiian Style Macaroni Salad (V)
- Namasu Japanese Cucumber Salad with Chopped Clams (GF)
- Lomilomi Salmon: Tomato, Onion, Salted Salmon (GF)
- Hanalei Poi (V, Vegan, GF)
- Fresh Breads: Hawaiian Sweet Bread, Guava Bread, Pineapple Bread (V)
- Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potatoes (V, Vegan, GF)
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Mashed Potatoes (V, GF)
- Stir Fried Vegetables (V, GF)
- Sweet & Sour Mahimahi
- Kalua Pig (GF)
- Chicken Adobo
- Teriyaki Beef
- Coconut Cake (V)
- Haupia: Coconut Milk Pudding (V, Vegan, GF)
- Imu Baked Rice Pudding (V, GF)
- Fruit Jello (GF)
V=Vegetarian; Vegan; GF=Gluten Free
- Maui Tai Punch
- Kona Longboard Beer
- Chardonnay and Cabernet Wines
- Standard Liquor Bar: Vodka, Scotch, Gin, Rum, Whiskey
- Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mist Twist
- Guava, Pineapple and Orange Juices
- Hawaiian Fruit Punch
- Where and When:
- From March to October, check-in for the full luau is at 5:00 pm.
From November to February, check-in for the full luau is at 4:45 pm.
Check-in for the show only is at 7:15 pm.
Wailua Marina State Park View Map
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746
- There are no requirements for Smith's Luau in Kauai. When you are at Smith's Tropical Luau just have a great time.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 2 and under) allows for children to have their own food and seat if you would like.
- Operation Days:
- February through October: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
November through January: Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau