Kauai Backcountry offers the Kauai Tubing the Ditch. Traverse Lihue's old sugar plantation into Kauai's pristine, green interior. Enjoy breathtaking vistas on this Kauai activity. Grab a tube, don a headlamp, and jump on your tube for a leisurely cruise. Witness Kauai`s spectacular engineering feats as you float down a tropical waterway consisting of open ditches, tunnels and flumes dating back to 1870.
Availability of specific times changes quickly. Your confirmation will have your exact tour start time listed. To ensure we can get
you booked for this popular activity you have the following timing
options to choose from:
- Any Available Time - we will book you for the first available time that fits your party
- Morning - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 7:00 am and 9:30 am.
- Mid-Day - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Afternoon - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm.
If a time within your selection is not available, we will contact you
about the available times. IF YOU NEED A SPECIFIC TIME, please call or
email to speak with an agent about availability.
Kauai Tubing Tour Highlights:
- Fun tubing adventure with great views of Kauai’s rain-forest, mountains, valleys and the ocean
- Float down historic irrigation ditch and through several tunnels
- Swim in a natural swimming hole
- Learn about a part of Kauai’s history
- Only tubing activity of this type on Kauai
- Hand sanitizer
- Snacks and cold water
- Water-friendly shoes available for rental
- Wet-suit tops available for rental
Fun Tubing Adventure
View from Tunnel
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your requested tour time at the Kauai Backcountry Adventures office, located at 3-4131 Kuhio Highway, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Look for the wooden fence and a sign that says "Kauai Backcountry Adventures."
- Participants must be 5 years and older AND 43" (110 cm) or taller.
Weight limit is 300 pounds (136 kg)
Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older. Those 16-17 years old may attend the tour without an adult, however, a parent must come in to check in the minor and sign a waiver.
Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic or those with back, hip or knee problems.
Women up to the second trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Special Notes:
- You can rent a wetsuit for $10 or buy one for $30.
Unless extreme weather prohibits, tours go out rain or shine.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Kauai Backcountry
- Tube, gloves and headlights provided.