Outfitters Kauai - Kipu Zipline Safari Tour
Outfitters Kauai has an exhilarating new way to experience Kauai – soaring 50’ above the rainforest canopy on a zipline! The Zipline Safari has a little something for everyone - spend a fun-filled day in the great outdoors kayaking, hiking, and swimming surrounded by the natural beauty and exotic scenery of Kauai!
You’ll start the day off with a bit of kayaking, paddling about 2 miles past the Hule’ia National Wildlife Refuge and the famous Alekoko Fishpond. Along the way, your knowledgeable guides will share all sorts of fascinating stories about the history, culture, and people of Kauai.
Next you’ll ride on a covered wagon through Kipu Ranch, a 4,000-acre working cattle ranch where you’ll get to see the famous Hawaiian cowboys, or paniolo!
Following the scenic ride through Kipu Ranch, you’ll head out to the Outfitters Kauai tree house where you’ll enjoy a terrific picnic lunch while taking in fabulous Kamapua’a Falls!
After lunch, it’s zip-line time! You’ll be soaring some 50’ above rivers and waterfalls at speeds of up to 35 mph! Sounds pretty scary, but don’t worry, Outfitters Kauai employs state-of-the-art equipment and observes strict safety procedures for an exhilarating and safe experience for all. Head back to the Take-Off Area by foot on a trail that incorporates a system of aerial platforms, stairs, and an 80’ suspension bridge, and watch as your fellow adventurers zip by!
Take a refreshing dip in one of the swimming holes located at the base of the waterfalls, swing from ropes Tarzan-style, or just relax and take in the gorgeous scenery! We don’t call it the Garden Isle for nothing!
After a full day of kayaking, hiking, ziplining, and swimming, it’s back to the covered wagon for a pleasant ride, followed by a walk along a rainforest trail, and before you know it you’ll be heading home on a double-hulled, motorized canoe with your kayaks safely in tow!
So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to do the next time you head on over to Kauai for vacation, Outfitters Kauai has got just the thing to liven up your day!
- Fun downwind kayak trip on the Huleia River
- Short walk to a beautiful area of waterfalls and swimming holes
where you can swing like Tarzan into a pristine freshwater pool
- Covered wagon ride across Kipu Ranch
- Visit a waterfall for a swim there
- Option of swinging on ropes tied to tree branches high above mountain pools
- Fun river cruise on board of a motorized Hawaiian canoe
- Cold drinks and a hearty picnic lunch of turkey or veggie (roasted bell peppers) sandwich
Kipu Zipline Safari Tour
Kauai Safari Tour
- Where and When:
- Check in at the Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor at 9:00 am. Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time. View Map for Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack
- Minimum zipline age is 7. Younger kids are welcome to take the tour, but will not be able to zip. Parents/Guardians are responsible for making sure younger kids can get along terrain or carrying them.
Maximum zipline weight is 275 pounds.
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles over uneven terrain and paddle in a tandem kayak for 60-90 minutes.
All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Special Notes:
- Bring a swimsuit, shorts, T-shirt, windbreaker or light rain coat, footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions (for example: sport-type sandals with heel straps or aqua socks with tread), sunscreen, hat, mosquito repellant and a waterproof camera.
All of the above mentioned items can also be bought at the Outfitters Kauai shop in Poipu.
In order to participate in this adventure, you must be able to walk 2 miles and kayak 60-90 minutes. For the zipline portion of the tour, you must be 7 years old.
No kayaking on Sundays
- Operation Days:
- Monday and Thursdays
- Approx. 8 hours
- Outfitters Kauai