Polynesian Adventure Tours - Haleakala, Central Maui and Iao Valley
Combine a scenic, expertly narrated tour to the Visitor's Center at 9,740 foot height of Haleakala with a visit to the unique Iao Needle located in lush Iao Valley State Park. You'll also visit the town of Wailuku, see flower farms and fields of pineapple and sugar cane. Be sure to bring your camera! The meandering road up the volcano flaunts stunning views of Maui, the Pacific Ocean, and West Maui Mountains, so have your camera ready. Along the way, your tour guide will tell you interesting tidbits, like the fact that this spot is regarded as one of the earth’s powerful energy points. Next, you’ll descend into Iao Valley where you’ll immediately understand why Maui was coined “The Valley Isle.” As you ride up the valley, you quickly realize you’re in a Maui - Haleakala peaceful rainforest. This is where the bright green Iao Needle shoots up from the ground, as if profoundly pointing at the blue sky. Tropical plants, waterfalls, and swimming holes accentuate this verdant wonderland. The final stop of the tour is Lahaina, an old whaling seaport lined with restaurants, shops and galleries. This quaint little town happens to be one of Hawaii’s most popular shopping destinations. Here, tour guides will turn you loose for over two hours of shopping and strolling. The perfect end to a perfect day of Maui sightseeing.
Haleakala National Park (admission is included!)
Iao Valley State Park
Upcountry luncheon stop (no host)
Pineapple and sugarcane fields
- Where and When:
- Pick ups range from 6:00 am to 7:45 am depending on your hotel location. The exact pick up time will be in your confirmation email.
- Iao Valley is currently closed due to damage caused by heavy rain and flooding. Final repair dates are currently not known. Alternative tour stop will be made.
- Special Notes:
- The exact hotel pick-up time will be emailed to you. All times listed are approximate and are subject to change. If you require exact pick up time prior to ordering, please call 866-482-9775.
Lunch is not included in the price of this tour and the stop location is subject to change.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 8.5-9 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours