Polynesian Adventure Tours - Spectacular Haleakala Sunrise Tour
Rising over 10,000 feet from sea level, Haleakala is renowned for its raw beauty and unique scenery, moving Mark Twain to write that his 1886 visit to this dormant volcano was "...the sublimest spectacle I ever witnessed. The highest point this tour visits is the Vistor's Center at 9,740 ft.
This tour does not go to the summit location at 10,023 feet (Pu'u Ulaula Summit Hill).
- Drive through Maui's Kula District
- Experience the awe-inspiring Haleakala National Park (park admission included)
- Witness the glory of the rising sun as it heralds the coming of a new day over the summit of Mount Haleakala
- Breathtaking scenery from the Visitor's Center at 9,740 ft.
- See rare Silversword plants
- Full breakfast at Kula Lodge
Spectacular Haleakala Sunrise Tour
- Where and When:
- The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation. For approximate times, please refer to the pick-up schedule below:
Pick-up times from April 1 - September 30
Pick-up times from October 1 - March 31
Returns at approx 10:30am.
- Masks are required at all times onboard the tour bus.
- Special Notes:
- The Visitor Center is located at 9,740 feet elevation. Bring some warm clothes as the temperature can range from 20-40 degrees F.
We do not guarantee weather will permit viewing sunrise.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday to Friday
- Around 7 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours