Polynesian Adventure Tours - Spectacular Haleakala Sunrise Tour
Rising over 10,000 feet from sea level, Haleakala is renowned for its raw beauty and unique scenery, moving Mark Twain to write that his 1886 visit to this dormant volcano was "...the sublimest spectacle I ever witnessed.
The highest point this tour visits is the Vistor's Center at 9,740 ft.
This tour does not go to the summit location at 10,023 feet (Pu'u Ulaula Summit Hill).
- Drive through Maui's Kula District
- Experience the awe-inspiring Haleakala National Park (park admission included)
- Witness the glory of the rising sun as it heralds the coming of a new day over the summit of Mount Haleakala
- Breathtaking scenery from the Visitor's Center at 9,740 ft.
- See rare Silversword plants
Spectacular Haleakala Sunrise Tour
- Where and When:
- Pickup times from April 1 - September 30
Pickup times from October 1 - March 31
Returns at approx 10:30am.
Effective 9/13/21 on Oahu and 9/15/21 on Maui for 60 days, guests 12 and over are required to show proof of vaccination in order to visit restaurants, museums, and similar establishments or show proof of a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours. There are sights on this tour that may require this.
Acceptable Proof of Vaccination
-Either a hard or digital copy of a state-approved vaccination card AND photo identification with the same information as the proof of vaccination. Vaccines administered outside of the US are not accepted.
-Full vaccination means two weeks have passed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series.
Acceptable Negative COVID-19 Test
-Must be an FDA approved molecular or antigen test taken within 48 hours AND photo identification.
If you have additional questions about the vaccination mandate, please visit www.oneoahu.org/safe-access-oahu.
The Visitor Center is located at 9,740 feet elevation. Bring some warm clothes as the temperature can range from 20-40 degrees F.
We do not guarantee weather will permit viewing sunrise.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday to Friday
- Around 7 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- A great air-conditioned Tour Bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours.