Maui Nui Luau - Sheraton Maui
The Ka’anapali Sunset Luau at Black Rock - a feast for the eyes as well as for the ‘opu!
(“’Opu” means “stomach” in Hawaiian, in case you were wondering.)
Situated at the foot of the cliff at Black Rock, a famous diving point, this Ka’anapali Beach luau has a little something for everyone.
As soon as you arrive, you’ll be greeted by the friendly staff with warm aloha and a shell lei. Stroll around the grounds, Mai Tai in hand, and learn about Hawaiian arts and crafts, and treat yourself to an amazing sunset at the Sheraton Maui Resort’s gorgeous beachfront property, located at beautiful Ka’anapali Beach on the island of Maui.
Following the Hawaiian Imu Ceremony, enjoy the All-You-Can-Eat luau buffet featuring local favorites like sautéed mahi mahi and grilled teriyaki steak along with authentic Hawaiian cuisine - Kalua Pig, Poi, and more!
After dinner, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show as Tihati Productions’ talented cast of musicians, singers, and dancers guide you on a fun-filled, musical voyage through the South Pacific islands of Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Samoa, and New Zealand. You’ll witness the thrilling Samoan Fire Knife dance (pictured above) and the crowd-pleasing, high energy Tahitian tamure! And, of course, no Hawaiian-style luau would be complete without the lovely wahine and handsome kane of these islands performing the hula. There’s even an island style pareo fashion show (pareo is the native word for the brightly colored wraparound skirt worn by Tahitian women)!
For a truly unforgettable evening of food, fun, and family-friendly entertainment, check out the Ka’anapali Sunset Luau - a true feast for the senses!
- Fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available a wooden necklace will be used as a substitute) , Mai Tai & Blue Hawaii cocktail
- Imu ceremony - Hawaiian underground oven cooking
- Kapa and bookmark making
- Casual hulas and storytelling
- Polynesian crafters
- All-you-can-eat luau buffet
- Pareo fashion show
- Tihati Polynesian Revue Spectacular
- Waipoli Greens – Ranch, Papaya Seed Dressing GF NF SF V
- Maui Gold Pineapple, Li Hing Mui GF NF SF DF V
- Lomi Lomi Salmon GF NF SF DF
- Potato Macaroni Salad NF SF V
- Pohole Fern Salad NF SF DF V
- Poi GF NF SF DF V
- Cucumber Namasu GF NF SF DF V
- Poke’ NF SF DF
- Local Style Fried Rice NF DF
- Steamed Moloka’i Sweet Potato, Coconut Butter Glaze GF NF SF V
- P.O.G BBQ Chicken GF SF NF DF
- Steamed Opakapaka, Asian Aromatic Relish NF DF
- Teriyaki Steak SF NF DF
- Vegetable Yakisoba NF DF
- Kalua Pig GF SF NF DF
- Chocolate Haupia Bar SF NF V
- Macadamia Chantilly Cake SF V
- Moloka’i Sweet Potato Crunch SF V
- GF = Gluten Free
- SF = Shellfish Free
- NF = Nut Free
- DF = Dairy Free
- V = Vegetarian
Please note: Menu is subject to change based on seasonality.