Maui Nui Luau - Sheraton Maui
The Ka’anapali Sunset Luau at Black Rock - a feast for the eyes as well as for the ‘opu!
(“’Opu” means “stomach” in Hawaiian, in case you were wondering.)
Situated at the foot of the cliff at Black Rock, a famous diving point, this Ka’anapali Beach luau has a little something for everyone.
As soon as you arrive, you’ll be greeted by the friendly staff with warm aloha and a shell lei. Stroll around the grounds, Mai Tai in hand, and learn about Hawaiian arts and crafts, and treat yourself to an amazing sunset at the Sheraton Maui Resort’s gorgeous beachfront property, located at beautiful Ka’anapali Beach on the island of Maui.
Following the Hawaiian Imu Ceremony, enjoy the All-You-Can-Eat luau buffet featuring local favorites like sautéed mahi mahi and grilled teriyaki steak along with authentic Hawaiian cuisine - Kalua Pig, Poi, and more!
After dinner, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show as Tihati Productions’ talented cast of musicians, singers, and dancers guide you on a fun-filled, musical voyage through the South Pacific islands of Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Samoa, and New Zealand. You’ll witness the thrilling Samoan Fire Knife dance (pictured above) and the crowd-pleasing, high energy Tahitian tamure! And, of course, no Hawaiian-style luau would be complete without the lovely wahine and handsome kane of these islands performing the hula. There’s even an island style pareo fashion show (pareo is the native word for the brightly colored wraparound skirt worn by Tahitian women)!
For a truly unforgettable evening of food, fun, and family-friendly entertainment, check out the Ka’anapali Sunset Luau - a true feast for the senses!
- Fresh flower lei greeting (if flowers are not available a wooden necklace will be used as a substitute) , Mai Tai & Blue Hawaii cocktail
- Imu ceremony - Hawaiian underground oven cooking
- Kapa and bookmark making
- Casual hulas and storytelling
- Polynesian crafters
- All-you-can-eat luau buffet
- Pareo fashion show
- Tihati Polynesian Revue Spectacular
- Upcountry Mixed Green Salad
- Papaya Seed Vinaigrette, Creamy Garlic-Herb Dressing, Oriental Vinaigrette Cucumber and Maui Onions Salad
- Maui Gold Pineapple Salad with Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Green Pea and Roasted Mix Nut Salad
- Asian-Style Somen Salad with Scallions and Kamaboko
- New Potato Salad with Upcountry Herb Vinaigrette
- Fresh Baked Sweet Taro Rolls and Whipped Butter
- Slow-Roasted Kalua Pork, Steamed Kula Cabbage, Sautéed Maui Onion
- Island-Stype Pulehu Chicken, Soy-Ginger Glaze, Maui Gold Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Pacific Catch, Ginger-Lemongrass Butter Sauce
- Lomi Lomi Salmon and Poi
- Hawaiian-Style Fried Rice
- Steamed Molokai Sweet Potatoes, Toasted Shaved Coconut with Coconut Butter Glaze
- Guava Chiffon Cake with Toasted Coconut
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cream Pie
- Mango Bread Pudding with Tahitian Vanilla Bean Custard Sauce
- Traditional Haupia Coconut Pudding
- Assorted Cookies
- Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Please note: The luau will be moved
to the Anuenue Lawn on September 23rd, 2019. The Anuenue Lawn is located
in front of the Rock Salt restraurant. This location doesn't have an
ocean view or view of the cliff dive and there is not an Imu unearthing
of the Kalua Pua'a. There is a presentation of the Pua'a on stage