Pacific Whale Foundation - Ultimate Whale Watch
Come aboard the Ocean Explorer enjoy a whale watch cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation’s researchers and marine naturalist on board. With just 38 passengers on board and open air seating, you’ll have panoramic views of the humpback whales and the opportunity to interact with the marine naturalists and researchers on board.
Whale sightings are guaranteed. If you do not see whales, you will get a free ticket for one of Pacific Whale Foundation's classic whale watches.
- Whale watching cruise with guaranteed sightings (or go again free)
- Expert narration by Pacific Whale Foundation's certified marine naturalists
- Hydrophone for listening to the whales as they communicate
- Breakfast: Fresh island fruit, yogurt and granola parfait, banana bread, assorted pastries, Maui coffee and tea
- Unlimited water, juices and sodas available on board
- Free marine life picture card
- Downloadable selection of 30 favorite whale photos of Pacific Whale Foundation’s research team
Maui Whale Watch Tour
Great Photo Opportunities
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at the Maui Harbor Shops, which shares a parking lot with Maui Ocean Center, located at 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku (GPS address). View Map
Parking at the Maui Harbor Shops/Maui Ocean Center Aquarium is $1.00/hour and the first 15 minutes are free.
- COVID POLICIES
Pacific Whale Foundation has safety protocols in place that strictly adhere to state- and CDC-mandated guidelines to ensure the health and well-being of all guests and vessels staff.
We regularly clean and disinfect surfaces and equipment and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA-approved) cleaning chemicals with label claims against the coronavirus.
All onboard services have been altered to reduce contact and maintain social distancing.
We no longer require masks on board our vessels, but invite guests to wear their masks if they are more comfortable.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Wheelchairs: This vessel is NOT wheelchair accessible.
- Special Notes:
- This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Operation Days:
- Wednesday & Sunday from January 2 - March 27
- 3 hours
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- 38 passenger capacity (max. 18 on this tour)
- The Ocean Explorer is a 54-foot single deck catamaran and offers the perfect small group platform for whale watching and photography. With only 38 aboard and open air seating, you'll have unobstructed viewing of the humpback whales and the opportunity to interact with the naturalists and researcher on board. The vessel is equipped with his/hers bathrooms. Vessel may be exchanged due to scheduling or routine/unexpected maintenance if needed.