Pacific Whale Foundation - Whale Watch Tour
CALL IN SPECIALS!!
Other Activity Dates - Call for special rates on the 2:00 pm Ma'alaea tour or the 2:30 pm Lahaina Tour.
Pacific Whale Foundation Whale Watch is a non-profit organization that has led the way in whale research. The foundation is devoted to protecting the whale’s environment and studying the actions and behavior of this majestic mammal. Pacific Whale Foundation is the first official group to present educational whale watches on the island of Maui. A certified marine naturalist will accompany the two hour whale watch tour and will interpret and explain the social behaviors of humpback whales and why they migrate to the warm Hawaiian Islands in the winter. Pacific Whale Foundation Whale Watch always uses every boat belonging to the organization for several tour opportunities. The tour boat departs from Lahaina and Ma’alaea Harbor at different times during the day. Be sure to book a Pacific Whale Foundation Whale Watch or any Maui Tour with Buzz Hawaii and save money. Listen to the songs of the whale with an underwater hydrophone on this Maui Whale Watching Tour. Watch for a mother whale and her calf relate to each other while males challenge other males for females. Pacific Whale Watch guarantees a whale sighting during the cruise. Buzz Hawaii will add the Pacific Whale Foundation Whale Watch to your Hawaii vacation package or any other Maui Attraction. Contact Buzz Hawaii.com and save.
- Informative and fun two-hour whale watch cruise
- Choose your departure harbor: Lahaina or Ma’alaea
- Led by certified marine naturalists who will share interesting facts
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Where and When:
- From Ma'alaea, tour departs at 12:30 pm.
From Lahaina, tour departs at 2:00 pm.
Check in 45 minutes prior to departure.
For tours departing from Lahaina Harbor, check in at the Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store at 612 Front Street in Lahaina View Map
For tours departing from Ma'alaea Harbor, Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops, which shares a free parking lot with Maui Ocean Center, located at 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku (GPS address). View Map
Parking at the Ma'alaea Harbor is NOT free.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Wheelchairs: Due to the design of Pacific Whale Foundation vessels none of the vessels are truly wheelchair accessible. Some vessels have really high steps so it is not suggested even with assistance to board from another member of your group due to the fact that vessel type is subject to change without
- Special Notes:
- Affordable rentals of binoculars and cameras are available. Snacks and refreshments (soda, juice, Maui Brewing Co. beer and wine) are available for purchase. Alcoholic beverages are for adults 21+ (must have valid picture ID).
- Operation Days:
- From Maalaea Harbor: Operates Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
From Lahaina Harbor: Operates Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
- 2 hours
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- Pacific Whale Foundation operates several whale watch vessels. From Lahaina Harbor, whale watch cruises are usually offered on the Ocean Discovery. The Ocean Odyssey, Ocean Voyager, and Ocean Liberty usually run out of Ma'alaea Harbor. Most vessels are spacious double-deck, eco-friendly catamarans. The Ocean Liberty is an eco-adventure yacht.