Oahu to Big Island - Volcano Adventure
The recent eruptions of Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park have captured the world's imagination. This fully narrated Volcano Adventure features sights of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park before continuing on to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Farm. See the orchards and enjoy a tasting! Then head off to the 'Imiloa Astronomy Center for astronomy and Hawaiian culture exhibits. Then enjoy the sight of the Rainbow Falls and the Lili'uokalani Garden, a 24 acre park.
Due to volcanic activity and lava flows this
tour's itinerary will run on the following planned modified itinerary.
Itinerary may be altered due to changing volcanic activity or other unavoidable reasons without notice:
- Volcanoes National Park
- Kilauea Visitor Center (Restroom Stop)*
- Volcano House* - Walk to view Halemaumau Crater
- Drive past steam vents
- Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Pu'u Pua'i Crater
- Luamanu Crater
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory *
- 'Imiloa Astronomy Center *
- Rainbow Falls *
- Richardson's Black Sand Beach *
- Lili'uokalani Garden *
stops are usually made. Routes and stops are subject to change without
notice due to National Park Service, weather, traffic and road &
Volcano Adventure Tour
- Where and When:
- Roundtrip transportation from your Waikiki hotel is included.
This tour departs Waikiki at approximately 5:00 am and returns at approximately 8:30 pm.
Please refer to your confirmation email for final pick-up time and location. Flight schedules change frequently.
- The airlines are adding surcharges for some dates that are close to selling out. Please call us at 1-866-482-9775 for availability and to check if there is a surcharge for your travel date.
- Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
For all island flights or day trips, the NAME ON TICKET MUST APPEAR AS IT IS ON PICTURE ID (license or passport). The airline will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid, government-issued ID, does NOT match the name on their E-Ticket. IF A PASSENGER IS DENIED BOARDING, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. All passengers MUST present government issued photo ID for airline check-in. International travelers must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Children 2 years old are required to pay for the airfare and ride in the lap of an adult in the vehicle. Children 1 and under still require birth date and full name.
- Special Notes:
- Occasionally certain sections of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park will be closed to visitors when Kilauea volcano is emitting high levels of dangerous gas. Volcanic fumes are hazardous. Also, for people with respiratory or heart problems, pregnant women, infants and young children, a visit to the park is not recommended. The route may be modified due to National Park advisories. No guaranteed sighting of active lava flows.
Wear walking shoes, bring a light jacket and dress comfortably.
Dinner available for purchase.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- Approx. 15 hours
- Robert's Hawaii Reservations
- Hawaiian Airlines and a great air conditioned tour bus