Oahu to Kauai - Waimea Canyon & Wailua River
From Oahu, fly over to Kauai for a day of island sightseeing. This tour takes you to Kauai’s most beautiful attractions. Visit Waimea Canyon and see why it is also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” Its multi-colored rock walls are truly a spectacular sight, contrasting beautifully with the lush vegetation that grows in its deep crevices. If you’re lucky you may even see a mountain goat.
The drive to the canyon and back down is very scenic, featuring gorgeous views of Kauai’s south shore. Keep an eye out for the neighbor island of Ni'ihau on the horizon. The tour continues to Spouting Horn blowhole that shoots water up into the air when the ocean forces water into the lava tube.
Continuing on to Kauai’s east shore, you’ll reach Wailua River, the only navigable river in Hawaii. Enjoy a tranquil boat cruise up the river. Located along the river, amongst the emerald foliage, is the tropical leaf draped Fern Grotto. This lava rock grotto has both historical and cultural significance and forms a natural amphitheater, which has hosted many ceremonies.
- Waimea Canyon lookout
- View Hanapepe Valley
- Boat cruise on the Wailua River
- Fern Grotto
- Spouting Horn blowhole
- Kauai Coffee
- Roundtrip airfare from Oahu to Kauai
- Lunch at Puakea Grill
- Water or juice
- Waimea Canyon State Park admission
- Lively tour narration by knowledgeable tour guide
Lunch Menu (select from one of the choices below):
1. Cheeseburger with fries or chips, served on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomatoes & onions
2. Ham or turkey sandwich with fries or chips, served on ciabatta bread
3. Ginger fried chicken
4. Tofu veggie stir fry (gluten free, vegetarian)
5. Veggie sandwich, served on ciabatta bread
Oahu to Kauai
Waimea Canyon Tour
- Where and When:
- 5:30 am: Arrive on your own at Honolulu International Airport (HNL).
Flight times are approximate and subject to change:
Oahu to Lihue: 7:15 am
Lihue to Oahu: 6:15 pm
Actual time will be confirmed once flights have been secured. Please note there are no Oahu hotel transfers for this tour. Please proceed to the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter to check in for your flight to Lihue. Please check in 90 minutes before your flight at the Honolulu Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter). Approximate return from Lihue to Oahu is 7:00 pm.
- Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
For all island flights or day trips, the NAME ON TICKET MUST APPEAR AS IT IS ON PICTURE ID (license or passport). The airline will deny boarding if the passenger's legal name, as shown on their valid, government-issued ID, does NOT match the name on their E-Ticket. IF A PASSENGER IS DENIED BOARDING, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. All passengers MUST present government issued photo ID for airline check-in. International travelers must bring a valid passport for airport security check-in.
Children 2 years old are required to pay for the airfare and ride in the lap of an adult in the vehicle. Children (0-23 months) still require birth date and full name.
- Special Notes:
- The airlines are adding surcharges for some dates that are close to selling out. Please call us at 1-866-482-9775 if you would like to check if there is a surcharge for your travel date.
- Operation Days:
- Monday & Wednesday
- Approximately 14 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Hawaiian Airlines and Polynesian Adventure Tour Bus