Hawaiian Watersports - Kiteboarding Lesson
Learn to Kiteboard in Oahu! Kiteboarding is a surface water sport that some say is a combination of windsurfing, paragliding, gymnastics, and wakeboarding all rolled into one intense sport. Kiteboarding channels the power of the wind to thrust the rider across the water on a petite surfboard. The best way to learn the skill of kiteboarding is to register for Oahu Kiteboard Lessons or Hawaii Kiteboard Lessons through Buzz Hawaii. There is an array of kiteboarding lesssons on line, but go for the best and click directly on Oahu Kiteboarding or Hawaii Kiteboarding Lessons. The first lesson the instructor will cover the safety aspects of kiteboarding. Safety is very important to the sport and you will learn how it applies to wind theory. The second lesson includes the procedure of equipment set-up, launching, and landing. The third lesson will include the steps of piloting a four line kite and then body dragging in the water. After a few attempts you will be ready to get up on the kiteboard and ride! Oahu Kiteboard Lessons and Hawaii Kiteboard Lessons provide the newest equipment available for your kiteboard lesson. Oahu Kiteboarding Lessons and Hawaii Kiteboarding Lessons are accessible throughout the year, but the peak season is June, July, and August. Our classes fill quickly during this time. Go online to Buzz Hawaii.com and schedule an Oahu Kiteboard Lesson or Hawaii Kiteboard Lesson and save with our discounted prices. You must be able to swim, but no experience is needed.
- Visit Kailua Bay
- Learn to kitesurf with the only official IKO kiteboarding center on Oahu
- No experience is necessary
- Where and When:
- Lesson times:
9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm
Check in 15 minutes prior to your selected lesson time at 171 Hamakua Drive, Kailua, HI 96734 View Map
- Be able to swim.
- Special Notes:
- This is an intro kitesurfing lesson, which is focused mostly on theory and less on actual kitesurfing in the ocean. Realistically, to be up and kitesurfing in the open ocean, it takes several lessons and practice.
- Operation Days:
- 2 hours
- Hawaii Windsurfing Watersports
- Equipment is provided from solid brands like Cabrinha, Slingshot and Liquid force. Helmets and lifejackets are required by insurance standards.