Hanauma Bay Snorkel
Hanauma Bay, on the island of Oahu, is an underwater Hawaiian paradise and the perfect Hawaiian adventure spot to snorkel during your Hawaiian vacation. Hanauma Bay is a gorgeous, crescent-shaped bay, tucked inside an ancient volcanic crater that opens into the enormous Pacific Ocean. With its turquoise water, Hanauma Bay has a dazzling and stunning aquatic ecosystem that is so distinct from any other underwater environment in the world. Whether you are an experienced snorkeling pro or a novice, you will be amazed with the exotic Hawaiian marine life you will find during your Hanauma Bay Snorkeling tour on the island of Oahu.
Hanauma Bay is a Marine Life Conservation District because it has an abundance of fragile natural resources and is protected as a nature reserve. Reserve your Hanauma Bay Snorkel tour by contacting www.buzzhawaii. It is an Hawaiian adventure you won't forget.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $7.50 charge per person over the age of 12 into Hanauma Bay Park. Please bring this amount with you. It is paid directly to the Park.
Hanauma Bay is offering a special where there is no entrance fee
from 6:00 am to 9:30 am (this special is subject to change without
- Explore the underwater world at Oahu’s prime snorkeling destination
- See hundreds of colorful tropical fish and other marine life
- Learn more about Hawaii’s marine life at Hanauma Bay’s information booths and educational displays
- Where and When:
- You may select any of three options:
(1) Pick-up from Waikiki at 7:15 am and pick-up from Hanauma Bay at 12:00 pm.
(2) Pick-up from Waikiki at 8:45 am and pick-up from Hanauma Bay at 1:30 pm.
(3) Pick-up from Waikiki at 10:15 am and pick up from Hanauma Bay at 3:00 pm.
Special from May 1st to Aug 31st: Pick up from Waikiki at 6:00 am and pick up from Hanauma Bay at 9:30 am.
Please look for a white van. Call 808-306-3393 if the van has not arrived within 10 minutes of your scheduled pick-up time.
The drive from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay takes about 25 minutes. Transfer into the park is only 8 people at a time. You may have to wait your turn to enter. Once inside you will have to wait to be assigned a video time. After the 15 minute video you will be able to snorkel. Your entry time may be about an hour after your pick-up time.
- There is a steep but paved access road that everyone must walk up and down for 5 minutes to get to the bay.
- Parties of 8 or more please be aware only 8 people can be transferred into the park at one time. If you have more people, some will be required to wait outside the gates.
- Special Notes:
- Lockers are available for rent.
Small Lockers are $8.00
Large Lockers are $10.00
Above rates subject to change without notice.
- Operation Days:
- Open daily except Tuesdays
- Maximum time at the bay is 4 hours
- Hanauma Bay Snorkel
- Sanitized snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel and fins) are provided.