Royal Lahaina Luau (Myths of Maui)
Reopening December 17, 2023.
Experience the magic at this cultural celebration of the dance, music and traditional festivities of the Hawaiian and Polynesian people. Each evening, as spectacular sunsets color the sky over blue seas and highlight the silhouettes of Molokai and Lanai in the background, Old Hawaii beckons at the best oceanfront location in Maui. Royal Lahaina Luau invites you to join their ohana (family) where you will enjoy an evening of traditional Hawaiian celebrations.
Upon arrival at the award-winning Royal Lahaina Luau, you will be welcomed with a lei greeting and be offered a Mai Tai as the dazzling sunset unfolds before your eyes. Make sure you arrive early so you don't miss the authentic imu (underground oven) ceremony, where kalua pig, the evening's main course, is unearthed. You will then enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner and open bar throughout the night.
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar & luau show. Tables are pre-assigned by date of booking. Tables are ohana (family) style and can seat more than one family per table (up to 12 guests per table).
VIP Upgrade: Reserved seating area, flower lei for ladies and kukui nut lei for gentlemen, first set of tables to begin dinner service, complimentary premium drinks. Tables are first four rows closest to the stage and forward facing.
- Maui's longest running Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Shell lei greeting and cultural presentations (including the traditional imu ceremony – unearthing of the kalua roast pig)
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner
- Live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Photos with the luau dancers with the option to purchase photos
Luau Dinner Menu:
- UpCountry Kula Greens - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Fresh Pounded Poi - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Ala'e Salmon - GF
- Sweet Savory Local Cucumber Namasu - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls - Vegetarian
- Maui Gold Pineapple - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Wok Stir Fry Vegetables - GF/Vegetarian
- Molokai Purple Sweet Potato w/ Toasted Coconut Flakes - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Huli Huli Succulent Teriyaki Chicken
- Kiawe Pua'a Imu Roasted Pork - GF
- Umami Furikake Rice - GF/Vegetarian
- Seasoned Soy Fresh Catch
- Classic Baked Macaroni and Special Cheese Blend
- Golden Crispy Battered Chicken Nuggets
- Niu Coconut Decadent Cake
- Traditional Haupia Light Bites - GF/Vegan/Vegetarian
- Lava Chocolate Cake
A tofu veggie stir fry entrée (vegan and/or gluten free) is available upon request with 24 hour advance notice.
Open bar: Features a great selection of complimentary tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages. $5 per drink for premium alcohol or frozen blended drinks.
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice.
- Where and When:
- October 15th to March 14th
VIP: Gates open at 5:15 pm for VIP ticket holders, as ticket provides early access.
GENERAL: Check-in and entry will begin at 5:30 pm
Dinner service 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm. Please note we will now be offering an assisted buffet.
Luau pre-show begins at 6:00 pm and luau performance will take place from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
March 15th to October 14th
VIP: Gates open at 5:30 pm for VIP ticket holders, as ticket provides early access.
GENERAL: Check-in and entry will begin at 5:45 pm
Dinner service 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm. Please note we will now be offering an assisted buffet.
Luau pre-show begins at 6:15pm and the luau performance will take place from 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm.
*Times may vary based on seasonality and daylight.
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- Standard COVID prevention protocols are in place:
Masks are required to be worn in indoor public areas. Masks can be removed when guests are seated at individual tables for dining and drinks.
The buffet will have attendants to serve food to guests.
There is no walk up bar service. Drinks are ordered and served at the table.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $10.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau