The Westin Resort & Spa Polynesian Wailele Luau
The Westin Resort and Spa Polynesian Wailele Luau presents an eclectic and exhilarating Polynesian performance. The performance includes a delicious dinner and a heart-stopping fire knife dance finale.
The Wailele Luau showcases colorful costumes, traditional and authentic dances and songs. This Hawaiian luau is an authentic Polynesian revue. It includes song and dance from Hawaii, Samoa, New Zealand and Tahiti. Guests will embark on an exciting and vibrant journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as a means of telling stories. The Wailele Luau boasts Maui's only five member fire knife dance performance. One of the members, Tavita, is a 3rd generation fire knife dancer. See spell-binding Fiji and Maori performances with the choreography and dance moves carefully supervised by Fiji and Maori chiefs.
The location is a beautiful lush garden setting at the new Valley Isle Terrace. Enjoy a beautiful backdrop of a spectacular sunset, lush tropical greenery and soothing sounds of waterfalls. The Hawaiian meal is a delicious 4 course dinner presented family style, just like in the olden days. Enjoy an open bar of drinks and cocktails such as Mai Tai, the Westin Sunset, Blue Hawaiian, wine, beer, including Tahitian beer, fruit juice and soda.
Premium Seating - Seating is the front section of the seating area. Tables are assigned based on when you make your reservation.Standard Seating
- Seating is behind the Premium Section and to the sides. Tables are
assigned based on a first come first serve the day of the luau.
- Lei greeting
- Embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands – storytelling through music
- All-you-can-eat buffet dinner and open bar
- Polynesian show, including Maui’s most extreme troupe of fire-knife dancers
Luau Buffet Menu:
- Lomi Lomi Salmon – Salt-Cured Salmon, Kula Tomatoes, Maui Onion and Scallions
- Pipikaula Poke – Peppered Dry Beef Seaweed, Sesame and Soy Sauce
- Cucumber Seaweed Salad
- Kula Island Greens
- Hawaiian-Style Potato Macaroni Salad
- Maui Gold Pineapple
- Island Poi
- Taro and French Dinner Rolls
- Kalua Pua'a – Slow-Roasted Pork
- Huli Huli Chicken – Guava Barbeque Sauce
- Steamed I'a – Fish, Ginger, Tomato Relish
- Pa'ia Dry Mein Noodles – Plantation-Style Noodles, Upcountry Vegetables
- Molokai Sweet Potatoes
- Steamed Sticky Rice
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Chocolate Chantilly Cake
- Lilikoi Cheesecake
- Coconut Raspberry Cake
Gluten/Celiac option: Plain Chicken Breast w/ Grilled Veggies Chef's Choice and Fruit Platter
Vegan/Vegetation option: Chef's Choice Grilled Veggies
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice. All items made in a kitchen where nuts are present. If there is a food allergy/meal request, please notate it next to your party name and if it is for a child or adult.
- Where and When:
- After entering the Westin Maui Resort and Spa through the main entrance, make a left in the main lobby. Continue down the Art Walk past the gift shops and Business Center, then make a right at the end of the corridor. Guests will be checked in at the entrance of the Aloha Pavilion.
April 1st - September 30th: Check-in time is 5:30 pm. The line usually begins forming by 5:15 pm. Luau ends around 8:30 pm.
October 1st - March 31st: Check-in time is 5:00 pm. The line usually begins forming by 4:45 pm. Luau ends around 8:00 pm.
- Due to stringent airline requirements there is a NO CANCELLATION/NO REFUND policy for this tour. This includes name and date changes.
- Prices, dates, times and menu subject to change without notice.
Hotel reserves the right to cancel the luau no later than 12:00 pm on the event day due to pending weather conditions or other restrictions.
For those with strict dietary allergies or needs, please notify us as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate them.
- Special Notes:
- The luau offers $15 self-parking validation. Alternatively, pay parking is available at the Whalers Village next to the resort. Parking rates at Whalers Village are $6.00 per hour (subject to change without notice). You may be able to get the parking ticket validated if you shop at Whalers Village prior to the luau. Complimentary shuttle service is available for guests staying at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas and The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
- 3 hours
- Wailele Luau