Paradise Helicopters - Lava & Rainforest Adventure (Hilo Airport)
See Hawaii from the sky with a Paradise Helicopter ride. During your Hawaiian vacation reserve a flight with Paradise Helicopter tour and fly over Hawaii and view the tropical Hawaii rainforest of Puna, Hilo Harbor, Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea, cascading waterfalls of North Hilo and the current activity at Kilauea Volcano. Kilauea is the most active volcano in the world. You may be lucky and see lava flowing. Bring your camera, you'll take great pictures of Hawaii to keep your memory of your Hawaiian vacation alive.
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. If a Bell 407 is flown seat
may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe
they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every
effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be
guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 269 lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 269 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
Note for parties of 5 or 6 people: The BELL 407 helicopter (holds up to 6 passengers) is only available on Tuesdays. If you are a party of 5 or 6 people and would like to fly on the BELL 407, please give us a call prior to making a reservation so we can check if the helicopter is available for your tour date.
See Active Volcano
Lava & Rainforest Adventure
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:30 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- All guests must be one of the following:
A Hawaii resident with state ID who either A) has not been out of state in the last 10 days, or B) has arrived to the current island directly from the mainland within the last 10 days and can show documentation of negative COVID-19 test result or of COVID-19 vaccine clearance, accepted by Safe Travels Hawaii
A visitor who has either A) quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or B) who can show documentation of negative COVID-19 test result accepted by Safe Travels Hawaii, or C) who can show documentation of COVID-19 vaccine clearance accepted by Safe Travels Hawaii.
Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination can be provided via one of the 3 documents below which needs to be uploaded to Safe Travels Hawaii account prior to traveling to Hawaii:
1. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card -or-
2. VAMS (Vaccination Administration Management System) printout -or-
3. DOD DD Form 2766C
Passengers age 5 years and older are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth) during their time in and around our facilities and aircraft. Guests flying on our doors-off flights must wear a mask that fits tightly behind the ears to ensure it will not leave the aircraft during flight. Due to close proximity, we may request that any guests seated in the copilot seat must wear an N95 type mask (we will notify you upon confirming your booking and remind you before check-in.) If we provide ground transportation for guests, we require guests to wear a face mask at all times.
Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 45, 60 or 90 minutes based on current lava activity
- Paradise Helicopters
- Big Island
- Either the BELL 407 Helicopter which holds 6 people or the Hughes MD500 which holds 4 people.