Kohala Zipline - Kohala Canopy Tour
Take a journey that has the world’s most stunning scenery as you zip through the pristine mountain range and valleys of the North Kohala area. Expect the best with the Kohala Zip Line personal guide as they enrich your tour with the history and culture of the Big Island, Hawaii. As you push off the tree platform and enter the aerial trekking course, you will have the thrill of your life as you soar above the canopy of trees in the tropical rainforest, tropical ravines, and over the suspension bridge with a beautiful fern grotto adding beauty and amazement to the Kohala Zip Line Big Island tour. An exclusive feature on the Kohala Zip Line Trek is the twin WhispterLines which provide a smooth braking. Safety and comfort is Kohala Zip Line’s main priority. After your feet are back on the ground enjoy the locally prepared snacks and enjoy the views of the Waianaia Gulch and the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are a novice and wanting to learn new adventure skills or you are a zip line enthusiast, the Kohala Zip Line Canopy Adventures caters to both levels. Buzz Hawaii caters to you when you want to save on the Big Island’s zip line tour.
- 8-Line Zipline Canopy Tour
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
Kohala Canopy Tour
- Where and When:
- Tour times: 8:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am, 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm
Check in 30 minutes prior to your selected tour time.
Driving directions from Kona/Waikoloa/Mauna Lani to the Kohala Zipline in Hawi:
1) Head north on Queen Kaahumanu Hwy (Route 19).
2) Turn left on Akoni Pule Hwy (Route 270) heading towards Kawaihae/Hawi.
3) Arrive at Kohala Zipline station just past Hawi.
Approximate drive times:
Mauna Lani: 30-40 minutes
Kailua-Kona: 60-70 minutes
Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Road, Hawi, HI 96719 View Map
- Please bring your own water bottle for use on tour. Water bottles are available for purchase at Hawaii Forest and Trail and a jug will be available for refills.
- Participants must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs and be at least 8 years old.
Minor children require a parent or guardian to sign their participation agreement, and children between the ages of 8 and 13 require an adult to go on the tour with them.
This tour is not for those with back or neck problems and expectant mothers.
Participants must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short ascents and descents.
Lightweight pants or knee length shorts and a T-shirt are recommended because of harness.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Kohala Zipline
- Big Island
- 6 guests