Outfitters Kauai - Hidden Valley Falls Kayak & Hike
Hop onboard a tandem kayak and paddle downstream on a pleasant ride along the Hule’ia River. Along the two-mile stretch of river, you’ll pass through part of the Hule’ia National Wildlife Refuge, a 241-acre refuge established for the preservation of endangered Hawaiian waterbirds, as well as the historic Menehune Fish Pond, a National Historic Landmark. If the river and surrounding areas seem familiar to you, that’s because the Hule’ia River has served as backdrop for several major Hollywood films – Raiders of The Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, and The Lost World!
After tying up your kayaks on dry land, you’ll set off on a mile and a half roundtrip hike out to gorgeous Hidden Valley Falls with your friendly, nature-loving guides pointing out the many different varieties of local plant and bird life along the way! Swing on ropes Tarzan-style and take a refreshing dip in one of the many swimming holes along the secluded trail! Get those cameras ready – the Hidden Valley Falls are a wonder to behold!
Afterwards, it’s time to head back, only this time, you get to ride on a sweet, double-hulled, power canoe! (It sure beats paddling back upstream!) Plus, you’ll still have plenty of time leftover to enjoy the rest of your day!
- Enjoy a downwind paddle on the Hule'ia River through the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge
- Hike lush jungle trails through a fern-covered valley
- See a gorgeous waterfall and swimming hole
- Ride back on a motorized canoe
- Cold bottled water is available throughout the day
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak & Hike
- Where and When:
- Check-in at 9:30 am at the Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack, 2494 Niumalu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
Tour returns between 1:00 to 1:30 pm.
Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time.
- Must be able to kayak 60-90 minutes and walk 1.5 miles.
- Participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles on a good forest trail and paddle a tandem kayak together with a partner for 60-90 minutes.
No riders weighing over 260 lbs (118 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Saturday
- Approximately 4 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai uses tandem, open-cockpit, or sit-on-top style self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag to keep your camera dry on your excursion.